The Euclid Consortium STAR Prize for 2024
The Euclid Special Talent And Recognition (STAR) Prize is a prize to acknowledge work done within the Euclid Consortium in different areas of activity. It was established in 2017, and every year prizes are awarded to nominees in different categories by the Euclid STAR Prize Committee. Nominations are accepted and encouraged from any Euclid Consortium member, excluding self-nominations.
The Euclid Consortium is made up of approximately 2000 active participants so recognition with a STAR prize is a notable achievement. The names of the past winners and the prize motivations can be found at the links below, attesting their special contribution to the collaboration.
This year, there are seven categories that the Euclid Consortium members can use to nominate their colleagues and collaborators. If there is any uncertainty about which category to nominate a person, please drop any of the committee members a line, or submit a nomination and the committee will try to address the issue in internal deliberations:
- Student: For postgraduate students working towards their Ph.D. or who have received the Ph.D. during the year Jan 2023-Dec 2023 inclusive.
- Junior: For members with less than seven years of working experience after their highest degree, contributing as scientists or engineers.
- Senior: For members with more than seven years of working experience, contributing as scientists or engineers.
- Leadership and coordination: For members at any career stage contributing with the management of a task or a team.
- Team – Science: For groups of more than two people contributing to the scientific aspects of/from Euclid.
- Team – Technical/Engineering: For groups of more than two contributing on the technical/engineering aspects of Euclid.
- IDEA: First established in 2023, for individuals or small groups contributing to improve the climate of the consortium in one or more of the areas of Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility beyond their assigned professional roles.
DEADLINE for nominations is March 8th, 2024.
The Euclid STAR prize committee:
Ranga Ram Chary (chair), Micol Bolzonella, Santiago Avila, Karina Caputi, Francesca Lepori, Mischa Schirmer, Gemma Testera, Isaac Tutusaus, O. Rees Williams, Vincenzo Cardone, and Peter Coles.
Former members of the committee:
Viola Allevato, Herve Aussel, Francisco Castander, Gianluca Castignani, Christopher Conselice, Mark Cropper, Sven De Rijcke, Anna Di Giorgio, Anne Ealet, Bianca Garilli, Pascale Jablonka, Mathilde Jauzac, Tom Kitching, Hannu Kurki-Suonio, Minju Lee, Dida Markovic, Nicolas Martinet, Dan Masters, James Nightingale, Stéphane Paltani, Will Percival, Valeria Pettorino, Sabrina Pottinger, Jason D. Rhodes, Marc Sauvage, Patrick Simon, Daniel Stern, Stephanie Wachter, Lingyu Wang, Hans Arnold Winther, and Julien Zoubian.
Euclid Consortium Lead & Deputy: Yannick Mellier and Francis Bernardeau